for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Thursday 30 August 2012

Metamorphosis ~ *voices in my head*


"Did I prepare myself for the hereafter, before it was too late to redeem myself?"

Admist the stones and uneven ground, I lay uncapacitated. Powerless to the extreme, my veins leeched blood under the firing blaze of the sun that wouldn't let my eyes focus on anything but keep shut. I was a hopeless solidier, bruised, disgruntled and undermined. My soul was torn apart, heart shattered and spirits maligned. Yet, head-to-head, I scuffled to keep my efforts going. My eyes were swollen, lips were crushed, trickling thick layers of blood due to internal injuries inside the mouth. I sniffed and fought with my breaths - apparently they were coming to an end. Overly vulnerable, my hands experienced a restricted movement - wounds bled profusely. The next second, I decided to encounter myself against my own mysteries, when I realised, my feet rested enchained between two huge rocks. However, nothing could uncork the passion inside me: I just had to struggle till I was above the ground and breathing - said the voices in my head.

The peak of afternoon passed. I still lay stranded. Heavy winds blew as the evening approached. Persistently, I held myself on my elbows and tried to pursue a finger dance to force myself out of this setting. The clouds and lightening clashed. Previously, my eyes peaked at my body that was imbrued in blood clots and scratches. No sooner, I found myself drenched in the spitting the rain had caused. Despite this anguish, my mind could not escape what even my constricted sore eyes did not ignore. Involuntarily, I had captivated those few moments in my brain as remnants of last patches of memory retrieval. Incessantly, my heart beat every minute diminshed, making me terror-stricken.

My bones froze between pointed stones of huge lengths. I was haunted and impaired - physically and mentally both. But I couldn't ask for more. I geniunely wished that this state alone led me to the hereafter. These last few hours had transformed me altogether as a human, by belief, spirit and faith. The destitute surrounded me, bare-footed, hungry and unsheltered, pleading for a grain of wheat. Another young boy tucked himself under an unclothed tree just to seek refuge. What more could I ask for? - I grew up like a princess, with a silver spoon and received loads of gold chains on my first birthday. My parents lovingly fetched corns for me every day that were spoon-fed to me. Not to forget, my desires were fulfilled before the words even slipped off my lips and my parents reacted to each of it faster than I ever blinked. What more could I ask for? I was crowned quicker than I could ever breathe.

Fading images of women carrying barrels of water on their shoulders elevated my heartbeat. The rest carried corns behind their back just to feed their children - earned me the realisation that my story all along was picture perfect. The sight was unimagineably transforming, inspirational and real. The birds lay before me with wings chopped off, in a state worse off than mine... That young boy who cried invariably but noone responded to his screams? The poor girl craved for water - my hiccups never went unguarded. Oh how much could I thank the Creator for making me who I am? He endowed me with a sense of understanding, abilities, dreams and more importantly, the overgrowing desire to fulfill them. Moreover, equiped me with endless resources to find myself as an extraordinary being before anything else. Furnished around me was a world that was made out of blocks of lego - I could alter it as I willed. Armed with courage, my only weapon, I walked every step to put my entire existance to discover a true side to myself. What more could I ask for? Cosmetically, I walked every inch towards my destination. In my dreams I saw a castle, I was its princess, its glory and life. 

Could I be better off? Or could I ever envision myself sailing a boat by a desolate coast - a boat that was half sunk due to a hole beneath, before the journey even begun. Oh... Could I be better off? My chapter was exorable. I shut my eyes finally, my heartbeat had obstructed definitely. Gradually, the images withered but they had become part of my film. 

The soul couldn't ask for more. The end of my journey was inevitable. I deemed fit in my wings as I flew my way through. Fortunate enough, metamorphosis chose me before reality unmasked itself. My eyes sparkled as I saw my destination calling me.


47.  "Fabi-ayyi ala-i rabbikuma tukaththiban" - Then which of the favours Of your Lord will ye deny? Surah Rahman.

"Then which of the favours Of your Lord will ye deny?"

No comments:

Post a Comment