for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Monday 31 March 2014

Arms of the angel

Ever known how it feels to have all the air sucked out of your belly and your lungs being rigorously at work, thinning to dismemberment. 

Ever felt those four walls around you shaking your skull and clenching the bones, transforming them into an excruciating aftermath. 

The sky, whose expanse once protected your fears, and covered them beautifully in between the lumped clouds, are now exposing you naked, while tears you sob travel south of your chin. 

That cloth you painted with colors, now shrinking, and drying with cracks on its surface. Ever experienced that rapid emergence of darkness as colors withered away? 

That sensation of disarm and disbelief that thickens your blood, or either forces it to rush too fast, or too slow. 

Have you been left open under the chill of nature, with your skin peeling off your body, and leaving it to tremble as the winds blow? 

Now I've taken that enough. I have taken that a lot. Those forty eight hours have shook the earth beneath my heels. 

Now, I'm waiting for my lungs to breathe fresh air as the sun shines upon me again. 

The rust, the itch, the ache--it all to go away, I await the bright light, new hopes, new roads.

The sky that is breaking hell on me to cover every single hair follicle on my body that is unguarded. 

Those forty eight hours have lasted too far, lasted too far. 

I'm waiting for the arms of the angel to hold me again. 

As my soul pleads for mercy, I beseech those warm arms of the angel to expand its wings on to me...

Turn your back to what you don't want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment