for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Thursday 21 August 2014

The dust and haze--let it sway: Note to my dearest Captain!

Dear Captain,

As i begin to reiterate that I fully respect your intentions, trust your goals, and withhold massive veneration for your opinions, I beg to differ on a few fronts. Before I start quoting facts, kindly know that I am not one of those stubborns pro-PMLN driven jerks. Instead, I have swung numerously between staying a pro-PTI follower to neutralizing my views based on current affairs. Therefore, my resolve to support your motives but resent your means to avail them is a well-thought decision. 

First of all, I would like to question the very foundation of your party. Not that I was not aware of it before, but are you a democrat? I have my doubts. I did not raise this earlier because it was not laying contradictory to your actions. But now that the haze has vaporized and here we are under the shining sun, let us keep a few things in perspective. 

My dear captain, the party you are heading may be democratic. But what is ironic is that you are not, by any means a democrat. PTI is a full-blown democratic party but how is it that the very leader is a dictator? And while many of our fellow supporters will have a concrete response to this one, I would like you to crosscheck those responses with your current course of action.

Negotiations, peace talks and anything that shares any euphemism with a "round table conference" sounds futile to more than the most. Then how is it that your beloved highness was so pro-peace talks with our dear Taliban brothers, but wholly dismisses the idea of the same being implemented within your own chamber of government? What definition of democracy do you have to satisfy this with? 

Your objectives are undoubtedly passionately stirred with enthusiasm and sincerity for "the land of the pure", or should i say, "the land of the confused". What I miserably fail to fathom is the hurry out there. Oh yes! 18 years are far too long and while impatience may be capable of soaring to unknown heights, what is up with the emotional screenplay?

Now the brunt of your journey lies in the very means you have opted to achieve it. One of the many things should be on the table right now is knowing what you are getting your hands into. What the hell do you want? Do you want to cause disruption in your Federal Capital or show how pathetic and incapable of being called a leader our current Prime Minister is? Oh well, he is beyond incapable for that position but frankly, what is your deal?

Until last year, your agenda was those four constituencies be audited for rigging. Your current demand is that the Prime Minister should resign from the office. Are you facing any symptoms of bipolarity? Oh wait, is it tripolarity? What ballgame is that? A speech where you scream your lungs out and urge that the parliament begets to dissolution does not appear sane, to say the least. Nor is that a just cause. Park aside justice for a minute, it is abnormal. What do you possibly want the "awam" to make out of this? The fact that you want to come into power for the sake of Pakistan or that you want to overthrow the current regime and proclaim yourself the Prime Minister for the term to follow--what to believe? Because if you were aiming for the former to happen, then here is the good news. The army and the government have agreed that the 2013 elections will be scrutinized. Now, you can collect your troops to a junction and set your blind followers free. But why haven't you? Because that is just not what you want. Your deal is that Nawaz walks out of the office like your baby once did at the age of 6. It is not so simple, or is it? Actually, it is not, but that's how you exhibit it.

While i continue to respect your motives all the same, I find it baffling to ascertain how entering red zone was a mature stand. I may be losing my false teeth as you made those big plans, I would still like some insight on how instilling this strange sense of fear among the populace was a wise call. Are you in a blindfold or do you think the population is bound by it? How is it that one can turn a leaf upon the stark visibility of the scenario expounding no benefits for anyone but our Army. How is it that you expect or even think the awam to not see that through and through? If you fail to act your age or exercise any semblance of it, do not expect the awam to fall for the same. The fact is that your party is working under pretext of the Army. So, is Pakistan your goal or the army's? Though I would still cut you some slack based on your track record hoping that you can still be trusted, i fail to envisage how polarizing the city into a plague of nasty mushrooms justifies it? How assertive of you to breed grounds for the army to kick-in, but right before that happens, scream to the media and issue a so-called "warning" for the Prime Minister that if the army does exercise control, the stake is on them. Actually, I'm impressed! "Woah, you inexperienced little brat", says a voice in my head to myself.

I am seemingly one of those from this nation who fail to see your greatness and glorified tactics that impart one thing, exhibit another and produce a third version of the first two. What is different about us is that I see York, Bastille, March of Women to Versailles and the great French revolution as components of history and I condemn this to repeat itself at the pace we are at. It is ridiculous and unattractive.

Before I conclude, know that I am still hanging onto some hope and I desire it to come from you. I am one of those incapable minds who have lost sight to appreciate your intelligence. Now is the time, give me a reason to cherish my spectrum of fancies in form of your abounding intellect and a preserved Pakistan!


As I once was among the impeccable blindfold you have tied,

A Pakistani Sick of Tantrums

No comments:

Post a Comment