for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Saturday 24 August 2013

If at all...

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” 

I've often found myself and others waywardly argue whether change is for the better or the worse. "I don't like changes. But some things ought to change, for the better" - a frequently used phrase by myself. Being someone who doesn't like settling into a new environment automatically labels me as unsupportive of change. However, circumstances, people, and most importantly, the binding force in this world: time - changes. Change is inevitable.

The argument whether change is for the better or worse has seemed inconclusive so far. Having said that, if you and/or I choose to change, it is often the need of the hour. It may be a circumstantial adaption. It may be a dire need, if nothing greater. Why would change occur at all if it wasn't to smoothen perceptual ease?

Ten years ago, I believed, people who make mistakes, forgive them anyway. Those who apologise, deserve a second or  in some cases, a third chance. Whereas, today, my thoughts are contrary to the foregoing. I have come down to believe that mistakes should be forgiven but not forgotten. Those who seek apology should be given no more than a second chance. Those who try to use you to their advantage need a lesson. Those who give you shit, return the favour with bullshit. Undoubtedly enough, this is a change. Most likely, for the better. 

In addition, ten years down the road, I might ponder, "why did I do, what I did? Why was I the way I was? What caused this to be this way? If I hadn't done this, this wouldn't have happened". All baseless. I, thereafter, make it a point to BELIEVE that what I did then was what the best suited course of action was. I accustomed to the moving times, the change, and all that was needed.

Our experiences: good and bad, relationships, circumstances, attitudes, treatments, judgements all eventually factor towards 'change'. If it wasn't for the better, it wouldn't just happen.


Let thoughts enter. Let them seep. Let change come. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it.
Time's ticking!


No comments:

Post a Comment